Drugs Made Pauline Vague
Drugs made Pauline vague.
She sat one day at the breakfast table
Fingering in a baffled way
The fronds of the maidenhair plant.
Was it the salt you were looking for dear?
said Dulcie, exchanging a glance with the Brigadier.
Chuff chuff Pauline what's the matter?
Said the Brigadier to his wife
Who did not even notice
What a handsome couple they made.
Stevie Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Drugs Made Pauline Vague by Stevie Smith )
- Epigram on a Suicide, Robert Burns
- Poem on Pastoral Poetry, Robert Burns
- Internal potential - love, gajanan mishra
- The Song of Death, Robert Burns
- Dragon, Ahmed Tawfik
- Love, The Middle Path, Mr. Nobody
- International TV Preacher, Saiom Shriver
- A Mother's Lament for her Son's Death, Robert Burns
- Feelings Deep Within, Taylor Calvert
- The Rights of Women—Spoken by Miss Fonte.., Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)