Cheryl .J Barclay
It is not enough to have a dream
unless I am willing to pursue it.
It is not enough to know what is right
unless I am strong enough to do it.
It is not enough to join the crowd,
to be acknowledged and accepted,
I must be true to my ideals,
even if i am left out and rejected.
It is not enough to learn the truth
unless I also learn to live it.
It is not enough to reach for love
unless I care enough to give it.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DREAMS by Cheryl .J Barclay )
- Blame not the stars, gajanan mishra
- Emptyness, advija hrustic
- Lay Me Down, Myrtle Thomas
- Dessert Deluge ..... [ 'just' DESSERTS,.., Bri Edwards
- Standard asset, gajanan mishra
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)