Jay P Narain
Down the memory lane
Cruising down my bus route to work,
Is like going down my memory lane,
The hills over the bay seem frozen in time,
while the memories flicker down the memory lane.
If I go over the hill and look into the calm bay waters,
would I see the reflections of my years gone past by me,
The trees, parks, lake, and bay are there since eternity,
but the images of my past only linger with me.
The memory lane is like a beach strewn with countless shells,
Although dear to my heart, they get scattered by the roaring waves,
The memory lane is the quiet and peaceful avenue,
where my mind dwells with only you and me.
When I look up into a dark starry nights,
Do I see you as a break way star coming down to meet me,
When I adore a beautiful flower in the park,
Do I see you smiling with charm and love.
Jay P Narain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Down the memory lane by Jay P Narain )
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid