…… Distant Shores
Twilight song of a cuckoo
taps the window softly.
Gothic tree and drooping sky
humble my thoughts.
Past was me.
I will know then
why your hills turned away my clouds
by shifting sands.
Was it a colossal guilt of tomorrow?
Which never wanted to become present
and enter my house.
But my memory was sharp
and days were numbered.
I wanted to invite the death discreetly
while praising the life and listening to birds
without dropping the history
from my crooked fingers.
Between yourself and myself
a sea was surreptitiously raging.
The waves were dividing the shores.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (…… Distant Shores by Satish Verma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Motion picture, daniel george
- Fallen, daniel george
- The Shadow Of The Wind., Tony Adah
- True Meaning Of Friendship Quote, thumper 786
- Seesaws المراجيح, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- World Leprosy Week, john tiong chunghoo
- Catch 22 on the Lake District hills., Dan Reynolds
- My Words, Fatima Nusairat
- Jesus And Gandhi: South And North Of Sam.., Saiom Shriver
- I Remember, Ronald Chapman