…… Distant Shores
Twilight song of a cuckoo
taps the window softly.
Gothic tree and drooping sky
humble my thoughts.
Past was me.
I will know then
why your hills turned away my clouds
by shifting sands.
Was it a colossal guilt of tomorrow?
Which never wanted to become present
and enter my house.
But my memory was sharp
and days were numbered.
I wanted to invite the death discreetly
while praising the life and listening to birds
without dropping the history
from my crooked fingers.
Between yourself and myself
a sea was surreptitiously raging.
The waves were dividing the shores.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (…… Distant Shores by Satish Verma )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Mark Strand
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Twelve Christmas Angels, Loyd C. Taylor
- When I am able to do what I like عندما ا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- At Poemhunter, Khairul Ahsan
- Within My Dreams, Michael P. McParland
- In their ears, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- بےچینی تمھارے بنا, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Fear of Falling, Sierra Staten
- The Story That Doesn't End, Sierra Staten
- Combined Simple Aspect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Person and Personality, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK