…… Distant Shores
Twilight song of a cuckoo
taps the window softly.
Gothic tree and drooping sky
humble my thoughts.
Past was me.
I will know then
why your hills turned away my clouds
by shifting sands.
Was it a colossal guilt of tomorrow?
Which never wanted to become present
and enter my house.
But my memory was sharp
and days were numbered.
I wanted to invite the death discreetly
while praising the life and listening to birds
without dropping the history
from my crooked fingers.
Between yourself and myself
a sea was surreptitiously raging.
The waves were dividing the shores.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (…… Distant Shores by Satish Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If only truth was Simple, Bull Hawking
- Two Boys in my Life, Minerva Montecalvo
- I am a Plate of Rice, Minerva Montecalvo
- Simply Me, Minerva Montecalvo
- Moves On, Socheata Mok
- Irom I Miss You, Lalit Kaira
- The Treasures I Have, Minerva Montecalvo
- If I were a pet, Nassy Fesharaki
- Comforts in the dark, Mark Heathcote
- Million Billion Dollar Elite Divorce Cou.., Terence G. Craddock