Distance. Some distance.
A bridge that burns, incessantly,
A hole in my heart from yours;
Threatens to be long-drawn-out,
Uneasy as well; uncertain for sure.
What else could suspense have in store?
A creaking and swaying rope bridge
Is the epithet of our obscure separation.
Yet, it is as far off as a thought,
As everlasting as a sigh,
As risky as trusting our Father
And falling into His loving arms.
Distance? What Distance?
Abridge our walk is what it'll do.
Like Christ in Calvary through blood has bound us
Through tears, sacrifice and compromise
This bridge will, too, profound our love.
So help me God with Jesus by me
I'll cross this bridge with you, to you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Distance by Jorge Ramirez )
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal