The cult, the─
rape were also in play,
when Icarus flew out of Crete.
Carrying the sky
on your shoulders when
you were burning.
I will write a poem
on the triumph of failure.
The dialect of body
will tear down the bed
unlearning the love.
you believe in distress
unforgiving the sword.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Disaster by Satish Verma )
- Hidden Love~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- broken heart, jaquesha webb
- In My Head, Foster Teegarden
- Love is Splattered Everywhere!, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Deep Water, The Princess
- All Things Nice, Tania Montgomery
- Love is a Sad and Sorry Chameleon, Hebert Logerie
- Love Thru Poetic Passion, Sandra Feldman
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- A New Day, Electric Lady
- Evening Star, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Heather Burns