Diego’s ninety day follow-up check in
Diego is growing
even though he mainly rests
on his back
this is something I need to change
before we start wrestling
later, he opened his hand
to expose his thumb
and then threw it all
into his mouth
and still had enough room
to yell out a laugh
his first teardropp fell
when he was crying
one cold winter morning
he did not blink
when he swallowed it
but I swear
he winked at me
he said one of those
“….gah… gah….” words
letting me know
he is hungry…
hungry for my heart
Poet Other Poems
- A “Z” is more then the last letter of th...
- Assasination Day
- Baby in the bathwater
- B-I-N-G-O is not a four letter word
- College wrestling my freshmen year
- Courage is setting yourself free
- Diego’s mom takes bonding lessons in a h...
- Diego’s ninety day follow-up check in
- Divorce is one of the easier reasons to ...
- Eightyfive pound Racine Junior High Scho...
- Electronic Touching
- Eyewitness to shooting that could have b...
- Fathers Day Poem (...a day late...)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.