We just sat opposite each other,
In a coffee shop
Your eyes were
Looking deeply into me.
We had a great time together.
We shared our joys and pains together.
But never proposed each other.
But your each word of warmth.
Did soothe me many times.
I tried to read you many times
But never ever I felt something unusual.
But each time
You often confused me with your words.
And got my attention diverted to each problem of yours.
Today, some thing
Unusual your eyes spoke of
Which I never felt before.
I could feel the pain
Or sadness in your eyes.
A tear in your eye wanted to say something.
I knew you were leaving tomorrow.
You looked deeply into me.
Before I could ask.
You just had a last look at me
And said bye!
But you left me with
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Did You? by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Prison Cell, Mahmoud Darwish
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)