Curiosity often surrounded us,
Whenever we were together.
I felt happiness on seeing you.
We worked together for many days,
But never ever proposed each other.
But your each heartfelt,
words did bring us closer.
Was my cut short attitude did keep you away from me.
or was it the friendship existed between you and me.
The way you helped me, some closeness I felt.
But you never approached me in that sense.
Many times I asked myself.
Then reverted back
How can I?
Did my behaviour or words,
Sowed a seeds of love in you.
Which I never thought of it so.
Did I unknowingly do it.
The last you came to say
Why I felt a sadness
Was it just my thought.
We were quiet free to each other.
If there's anything I would have known.
or may be my strict behaviour can be held responsible.
But I cant change
But a question left in my mind....
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Did I? by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- My Dog Lays at, David McLansky
- Asthi-Kalasha, Bijay Kant Dubey
- And We Came to Pass, Abdulrasaq Akingbo Okanlambe
- Praising a Poet, 'me' by a Co-Poet!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- My Dog Lays at My Feet, David McLansky
- The two I trust (sonnet), Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Owls or rats, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Jesus, God, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- माँ का सूरज कहीं खो गया, Aftab Alam
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)