Curiosity often surrounded us,
Whenever we were together.
I felt happiness on seeing you.
We worked together for many days,
But never ever proposed each other.
But your each heartfelt,
words did bring us closer.
Was my cut short attitude did keep you away from me.
or was it the friendship existed between you and me.
The way you helped me, some closeness I felt.
But you never approached me in that sense.
Many times I asked myself.
Then reverted back
How can I?
Did my behaviour or words,
Sowed a seeds of love in you.
Which I never thought of it so.
Did I unknowingly do it.
The last you came to say
Why I felt a sadness
Was it just my thought.
We were quiet free to each other.
If there's anything I would have known.
or may be my strict behaviour can be held responsible.
But I cant change
But a question left in my mind....
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Did I? by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Gods Revenge, Tango Tango
- 'Valerie', Katherine Nordhaus
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Madrigal Dedicated To An Angel., Marcondes Pereira
- Halloween, lee fones
- Canned thoughts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aunt Giovanna, at 80, Gary Corseri
- For To be An Indian English Poet, You St.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Magical, David Harris
- A Necessary Wish, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)