Lawrence S. Pertillar
Determined To Be Unqualified
A strength one has,
That is recognized and applied...
But assisted by a dragging of it,
Into darkened pits to avoid as it sits.
And this is allowed to be applauded,
As if this brings a benefit...
To those seeking amongst themselves,
Who next is deserving of this...
Only proving that a future stunted and dumped,
With this kind of invested lack of interest...
And an absence of consciousness doing this done,
Eventually will reflect the mindset of the people.
Some may awaken too late to erase their fate.
Believing their past actions had taught long lasting lessons,
To the younger ones to follow sorrows all their tomorrows.
And it does.
With a doing that crushes initiative and ambitions.
Leaving in the midst,
Unfortunate consequences all someday pay.
As those recovering from decades of ignorance,
Seek quick fixes by someone appointed to replace...
The last magician determined to be unqualified.
And driven away by an endorsing enforced,
That a hopelessness wished or something like it...
Stays to thrive and be kept alive for purposes to control.
With prayers for a unity to immune them from a doom.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Determined To Be Unqualified by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1644 - 1694)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Looking Kyle In the Eyes, Kyle Schlicher
- Besten Dank für den Gruss, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Birthday poem, Wala' Qamhieh
- If you want to be my inspirer, Elius Rubby
- Being in love, Sahra Hussein
- Walk On!, Shweta Nair
- My Father, Sahra Hussein
- Crime against humanity (a prose poem), paul bamberger
- Serenity Later Prayer, Joseph DeMarco
- starlings display team, lee fones