My destiny haunts me day, my destiny haunts
me at nights.
My destiny speaks to me each morning,
still I have not understood what
My destiny keeps me up at nights pondering
about "Destiny", which I have heard so much
about. Yet I can not find the answer to my
Seeing my fellow human it would appear that
most of them have found the secret to this
destiny. But, some like myself are still in
search of our destiny.
My destiny suddenly comes to light when I was
near my end through the path of life. And, it
was at that point I became aware that my task
throughout my life was my destiny.
My destiny has been visible in my actions, in
my words during my life. The failer to make
contact with my destiny was none other, than
lack of understanding.
Destiny beckon at me with these words, "If
you had known the meaning of the word destiny,
you would not have toiled so much."
That is your destiny.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Destiny by Wanita Hull )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Light Of Heaven, Spiritwind Wood
- Through Echoes Of The Wind, Spiritwind Wood
- Zophy, Luo Zhihai
- The Grotto, David Lewis Paget
- Heaven's Only Angel, Spiritwind Wood
- Deeper into the Sea, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry
- It's all in your head, Yisel Chong
- Every Breath Of Life, Spiritwind Wood
- Forever in my heart..., Yisel Chong