The Queen's Dagger
All was calm, all was quiet, and a little bit boring
when I looked into the sky for the first time.
Out of nowhere, there comes a sparrow to perch on the roof.
I stopped and I stared and I wondered why birds fly.
Are they trying to escape this world,
because I certainly wouldn't blame them.
Are they trying to find some speck of freedom
left in the confines of this prison cell?
A second ago, she was living, she was breathing,
but now she's gone, disappeared into the sunset,
still with needles in her arms. As her parents start to cry,
I stopped and I wondered why people die.
So I turned my head for just one minute,
should've known to turn back when the cat meowed,
but when I finally did... Oh you stupid cat
with blood and feathers in your mouth,
you have tasted my delicious misery.
Oh, delicious misery, how good you taste,
sugarcoated and glazed over with poison.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Delicious Misery by The Queen's Dagger )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Let me know my mother, gajanan mishra
- The Rose Recitals Seen In Retrospect, mary douglas
- Let Me, Lauren B Called
- Consider a Change in Direction, Seema Chowdhury
- Twilight Corsage Of The King Of Heaven, mary douglas
- God, Show Me the Way, Seema Chowdhury
- A Baby Mobile As Impossibly The Pattern .., mary douglas
- Calm Negative Emotions, Seema Chowdhury
- Leaf, gajanan mishra
- MAZZIN VILLAGE ضيعة مزين, MOHAMMAD SKATI