Rainer Maria Rilke
I have great faith in all things not yet spoken.
I want my deepest pious feelings freed.
What no one yet has dared to risk and warrant
will be for me a challenge I must meet.
If this presumptious seems, God, may I be forgiven.
For what I want to say to you is this:
my efforts shall be like a driving force,
quite without anger, without timidness
as little children show their love for you.
With these outflowing, river-like, with deltas
that spread like arms to reach the open sea,
with the recurrent tides that never cease
will I acknowledge you, will I proclaim you
as no one ever has before.
And if this should be arrogance, so let me
arrogant be to justify my prayer
that stands so serious and so alone
before your forehead, circled by the clouds.
Rainer Maria Rilke's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dedication by Rainer Maria Rilke )
Did you read them?
- Silence, Kenneth Maswabi
- The crumbling spider web, Kenneth Maswabi
- Heaven With a Pinch Of Saltf, hugh everard
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ분당오피녀 ⓑ시화오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- L.Messi 오피뷰 분당오피 KTwiz 시화오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- Contemplations, Dr Amit Gokhale
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ부산오피녀 ⓑ시흥오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- L.Messi 오피뷰 부산오피 KTwiz 시흥오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ동묘오피녀 ⓑ대전오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
- L.Messi 오피뷰 동묘오피 KTwiz 대전오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., Sibngnu2 Sibngnu2
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Heartache /3, Sabrina Chambers
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)