Death Awaits You
It happens to everyone.
Even with that special someone.
Waiting at the door,
It seeks an opportunity.
You'll watch one by one,
Each one of your loves,
Drop on the floor, and go above.
Eventually it'll happen to you.
Then When the Time is Right,
It will strike.
Death Awaits you...
Time has passed.
You got over it.
You saw your loved ones go,
Now you want to also.
You wait for it day and night,
Shall not give up its fight.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death Awaits You by Anon Bond )
- Thoughts of Perfection, michael walkerjohn
- Coffee & cream, Mark Heathcote
- An African Woman Unfolds, michael walkerjohn
- The Daughter of the Earth - 43, gajanan mishra
- Prove your presence, hasmukh amathalal
- Do Early Birds Really Catch the Worm?, Dr John Celes
- I Did It Well, Vera Sidhwa
- Epistemology, michael walkerjohn
- Rain at the Glass Window, Ismim Putera
- Come Away With Me, Almedia Knight Oliver
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)