Day Divine, Night Sublime
Marshmallow clouds tinged with pink
Turquoise skies of endless blue
Golden joy, in sun 's warm praise
A day divine, celestial..
Brightest gold dissolves to gray
As evening veils the perfect day
Swift on velvet wings she comes,
Darkest purple, night sweeps in
Concealing remnants of golden day.
I mourn the joyous day until
I see arise amidst the gloom
Ethereal and beautiful
A glowing orb, the golden moon,
Queen of Night, arising
Reigning amidst the stars afire
Like myriads of fireflies -
Diamonds glinting on velvet cloth -
Evening's treasure chest on high.
Jinge Norvall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Day Divine, Night Sublime by Jinge Norvall )
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart