Day Divine, Night Sublime
Marshmallow clouds tinged with pink
Turquoise skies of endless blue
Golden joy, in sun 's warm praise
A day divine, celestial..
Brightest gold dissolves to gray
As evening veils the perfect day
Swift on velvet wings she comes,
Darkest purple, night sweeps in
Concealing remnants of golden day.
I mourn the joyous day until
I see arise amidst the gloom
Ethereal and beautiful
A glowing orb, the golden moon,
Queen of Night, arising
Reigning amidst the stars afire
Like myriads of fireflies -
Diamonds glinting on velvet cloth -
Evening's treasure chest on high.
Jinge Norvall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Day Divine, Night Sublime by Jinge Norvall )
- Qytetit tim, skender iljaz braka
- While my eyes delight at you, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI