My talents are as gloomy as the dark grounds,
To be a leek is to be like the grounds of saying,
But vegetables separately speak, and I know
More than you about eating and its manners.
My talent revised can be of special benefit,
Dreary and talented, I cause the ways of grace.
A little food must be moist, and feel like a hair
On a head, the hearts will beat in time.
Shapes are cool, shape them with the tongue
Of this graceful ground, on top of feeling
And emotion to display, the pains of endurance
Are unfavourable of this day.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dark Grounds by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Cant Afford To..., Bieze Josephat
- Life's Bizarre Puzzle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- War's Homecoming, Edgar Albert Guest
- Rome, Osip Emilevich Mandelstam
- LET MORE ROOM FOR LOVE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- His Santa Claus, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pa And The Monthly Bills, Edgar Albert Guest
- Cleaning The Furnace, Edgar Albert Guest
- Just A Boy, Edgar Albert Guest
- When We Play The Fool, Edgar Albert Guest