How can I not revere you,
being the God you are.
How can I not believe you,
being the Truth you are.
So, why do I doubt you,
seek answers elsewhere,
when all paths lead to you,
no matter when or where.
Is it because you draw so near,
soothe the soul, burn all doubt,
then withdraw somewhere far,
rekindling the cinders of doubt?
Why should I tolerate your dallying,
follow you on a road meandering?
Why can’t you settle down with me?
Why can’t you remain faithful to me?
Lord, is it I?
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dalliance by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar