How can I not revere you,
being the God you are.
How can I not believe you,
being the Truth you are.
So, why do I doubt you,
seek answers elsewhere,
when all paths lead to you,
no matter when or where.
Is it because you draw so near,
soothe the soul, burn all doubt,
then withdraw somewhere far,
rekindling the cinders of doubt?
Why should I tolerate your dallying,
follow you on a road meandering?
Why can’t you settle down with me?
Why can’t you remain faithful to me?
Lord, is it I?
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dalliance by Isam Hussain )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Life's Little Pleasures..., Rajesh Thankappan
- The Sun And The Moon, Pijush Biswas
- Is Adil Jussawalla The Eklavya, Abhimany.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Envy The Rats, Kyle Schlicher
- Thanks for elienating me., Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- Ain't Try'n Deny'n, Steve Kittell
- You is Me, Mapung Madura
- Legendary Nostradamus Prophet, lee fones
- Thomas' Impossible Escape, Susan Wetmore
- Business-like, gajanan mishra