How can I not revere you,
being the God you are.
How can I not believe you,
being the Truth you are.
So, why do I doubt you,
seek answers elsewhere,
when all paths lead to you,
no matter when or where.
Is it because you draw so near,
soothe the soul, burn all doubt,
then withdraw somewhere far,
rekindling the cinders of doubt?
Why should I tolerate your dallying,
follow you on a road meandering?
Why can’t you settle down with me?
Why can’t you remain faithful to me?
Lord, is it I?
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dalliance by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra
- Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Love's Partition, Velvet Boots
- Pleasures Of Love, Lilly Emery
- Enchantment Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Great Thugs of Indian English Poetry.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Spaniels, Diane Hine
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney