rises like a spire-
from cloud forest.
You are a flesh eater.
You go into a foray
for the food.
A shrine trembles. A blood
stained body leaves the room.
screens the faces of all
gods. Who was going to undertake
fast unto death?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CONTENTIOUSLY by Satish Verma )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Sir Rabindranath Tagore