Behold the truth in black and white,
Two Pandas truly blessed,
Together, what a wondrous sight,
No wonder we're impressed!
There's the mother, so contented,
As proud as proud can be...
There's the baby there, presented,
For all the world to see!
To think, the mother's lived so long,
Endangered though she is,
Yet now her hopes are oh so strong,
Her heart's now filled with bliss...
Her baby's barely got a clue,
Yet peace seems everywhere,
A tender touch says, 'I love you! '
For true love's in the air!
Yet each father, mother, baby
Needs something to be done!
Each Panda has a destiny,
If Man protects each one...
Consider wildlife charities,
Can you provide support?
The chiefest of all remedies
Is that we spare a thought...
Denis Martindale, copyright, August 2012.
The poem is based on the magnificent painting
by Stephen Gayford called 'Contented Mother'.
More Stephen Gayford poems here:
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Contented Mother by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Dance Away...., Diana Euyoque
- What I Want From This Crazy Place, Lucy Dowlingbrown
- In Dreams I Prefer To Be, Rohit Sapra
- Treasure Chest Of Our Soul, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Where the mind is free, Praveen Gola
- Freedom Of Creativity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- City of Gardens, Akhtar Jawad
- Heart's Timeless Chambers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- chand aur chehra, rohit kumar choudhary
- Lust, Gianni Pansensoy