What have we come to?
We've gone from hunter gatherers
to consumer hoarders.
Makers and traders to destroyers and spenders
What is it to Consume?
Sounds like a violent tropical storm.
and greed belongs with the weeds
We went from technical knot weavers
to expert shoelace tiers.
Explorers to couch potatoes
travelers to chickens hit
fecund to dry
bowmen to bondsmen
We use to fashion tools
now we fashion ourselves
Why cant we serve the earth from nine to five?
Why must we continue to be straw men
on this treadmill of arrogant consumerism
and artless art
and dreamless dreams...
filling the earth like fodder...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Consume by jerome moore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- ~Project Monarch~, Allan Gerard
- The Hand, Sandra Feldman
- ONLY ASHES OF AN UGLY AGGRESSION, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Day In July, Nick krakana
- Love, Tanja Bulovic
- Boxed, Barisan Chatterjee
- The Figure of a Priest, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Night and heavens, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Rattling, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Half moon, Emmanuel George Cefai