Black sheep, black cat, painting you black, dark spot...
We violate you, more often than not,
Don't cease to tease you black and blue without a clue
With images horrid that cloud and clot;
I wonder how the color which takes us in
Remained an outcast, yet peaceful and stable within.
At night when it's dark when borders blend,
Mountains and rivers, rich and poor sleeping just the same;
You blind us so we cannot fight,
Wait until appears the light
To show our teeth and worth, without shame.
Gray areas, gray hair, we say it is so dull and dead
With the gray we have inside our head!
And the gray that flows through the hollow pipe,
Helps the living dead to come alive,
When they paint the clouds that reign delight
Gray is born out in the dawn,
Black unites with the perfect white.
The truth let's get it a little straight,
Clearly we're not so correct
Gray is life and unity
Black absolves, binds all – is peace, our destiny.
Supratik SEN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Color Blind by Supratik SEN )
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison
- Bee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey