Cold Pud and Pantaloons Falling (Fun Poem 152)
Went to a wedding a medieval do
dressed in pantaloons and ladies tights
just the way they used to do.
The cord on the pantaloons
wouldn’t tie up any tighter
and every time I started to walk
the pantaloons were at my knees.
The tights tugged at my underwear
and several times I rushed to the gents
when I felt a moony coming on.
The food at the wedding,
well that was another thing.
The roasted hog was lovely and tasted real great
as I gummed though it with no teeth,
but the sweet afterwards was a different thing
half frozen and cold as ice
not being defrosted that well.
The apple pie was freezing
and the cheese cake like a block of ice cream.
All the while I was eating
my pantaloons slowly slipped to my knees
and the tights were preparing themselves to shrink again
and my underwear was getting ready
to give everyone another moony.
With the desert freezing my innards
there was but only one thing to do,
nip outside for a puff just to warm myself up.
5 November 2013
This little tale of woe actually happened on Saturday
2nd November 2013 at my niece’s wedding. Apart from
my predicament my wife got locked in the stocks
and my nephew had two minds whether to release her.
Apart from all that it was a great do.)
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cold Pud and Pantaloons Falling (Fun Poem 152) by David Harris )
- mere aansu mere daman me simat jaaye, Mohammad Sahil Raza
- Rolling Thunder Of An Iron Horse, Juan Olivarez
- Chuckle, shinej K.P
- The night is ending away for the reputat.., clawdea benat
- Terrorism, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- My Dear Mom,, Dr John Celes
- Busy Life Bugged as Dybbuk Jigged jeez!, Harindhar Reddy
- Day of the Dead, Nassy Fesharaki
- Bow to God for the Life You Bestowed, yow!, Harindhar Reddy
- Please come agan, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- November, Thomas Hood
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)