Christmas Is For The Wealthy
You've heard it said often by others before
That Christmas is for the wealthy that and nothing more
No parties for those who are in dire poverty
Their Christmas Day dinner perhaps bread and tea.
With Christmas is only for the wealthy many would not agree
But that's their opinion and that's fine with me
They say we are God's children and Jesus God's son
On a cross on Calvary died for everyone
But if hundreds of thousands of people every year of hunger do die
That God loves everyone must be based on a lie
And it does seem a very sad thing for to say
That thousands die of hunger on Christmas Day.
Despite what the religious people may say
Christmas is for the wealthy I see it that way
In the top restaurants they socialize and dine
And the best of food wash down with expensive wine.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas Is For The Wealthy by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus
- Capsule Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MY own fault, hasmukh amathalal
- on returning to my part time job-, Mandolyn ...
- Write new chapter, hasmukh amathalal
- COPLA 71 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan