Christmas, full of joy, happiness, and love;
Surrounded by families, friends, and loved ones;
Yet, this christmas is far too lonely.
Never have I spent a christmas with heartache,
Sorrow, and tears before.
I've tried to prevent that from happening,
But i've failed.
Once again, i've let my emotions take over,
Couldn't bear the fact i'm lonely, and careless;
These friends i've got do no good,
Old lovers' memories play in my head,
What more could I have possibly done to keep the love going on?
When the other side didn't want to carry on what we had,
But i'm careless, insulting, and bruising now,
There's no such meaning to love as how it used to be long time ago,
Which makes christmas hopeless,
But for others, its joyful and bright.
And this is how I've spent christmas in 2007,
Tear drops from heartache of a lover to be,
But had to fall apart,
Away from family and friends,
I'll never forget this dead christmas.
Petra Soliman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas 2007 by Petra Soliman )
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla