Christmas, full of joy, happiness, and love;
Surrounded by families, friends, and loved ones;
Yet, this christmas is far too lonely.
Never have I spent a christmas with heartache,
Sorrow, and tears before.
I've tried to prevent that from happening,
But i've failed.
Once again, i've let my emotions take over,
Couldn't bear the fact i'm lonely, and careless;
These friends i've got do no good,
Old lovers' memories play in my head,
What more could I have possibly done to keep the love going on?
When the other side didn't want to carry on what we had,
But i'm careless, insulting, and bruising now,
There's no such meaning to love as how it used to be long time ago,
Which makes christmas hopeless,
But for others, its joyful and bright.
And this is how I've spent christmas in 2007,
Tear drops from heartache of a lover to be,
But had to fall apart,
Away from family and friends,
I'll never forget this dead christmas.
Petra Soliman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas 2007 by Petra Soliman )
- Picture Puzzle, Heather Burns
- Is a woman free really?, gajanan mishra
- Midnight Blue, Heather Burns
- Rodeo Rogues, Saiom Shriver
- Seek And Ye Shall Find, Saiom Shriver
- Starlove, Saiom Shriver
- Sonnet No: 62 I WERE A CUCKOO, I'D SWE.., Dipankar Sadhukhan
- dreams and reality, Rahman Henry
- To Alex. Cunningham, Esq., Writer, Edinb.., Robert Burns
- So many faces, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)