When priestes failen in their saws,
And lordes turne Godde's laws
Against the right;
And lechery is holden as privy solace,
And robbery as free purchase,
Beware then of ill!
Then shall the Land of Albion
Turne to confusion,
As sometime it befell.
Ora pro Anglia Sancta Maria, quod Thomas Cantuaria.
Sweet Jesus, heaven's King,
Fair and best of all thing,
You bring us out of this mourning,
To come to thee at our ending!
Geoffrey Chaucer's Other Poems
Read poems about / on: heaven
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chaucer's Prophecy by Geoffrey Chaucer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery
- You Just Think She Is Your Sister Too, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Robots In Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- George Crowley Bush, Richard Thripp
- Tragic Dream, Electric Lady
- Fading Away, Tara Stano
- Reasons of existence, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Parents' attachment., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.