Ch 01 Manner of Kings Story 12
An unjust king asked a devotee what kind of worship is best? He replied: "For thee the best is to sleep one half of the day so as not to injure the people for a while."
I saw a tyrant sleeping half the day.
I said: "This confusion, if sleep removes it, so much the better;
But he whose sleep is better than his wakefulness
Is better dead than leading such a bad life."
Saadi Shirazi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ch 01 Manner of Kings Story 12 by Saadi Shirazi )
- Newton's Sleep, Naveed Khalid
- Isle Of Man, Naveed Khalid
- Daylight Sunrises, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Painting The Sky, Naveed Khalid
- Arrow, Naveed Khalid
- Element Of Surprise, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Spanish Romance, Pride and Passion, Sandra Feldman
- As I Climb Higher, Abekah Emmanuel
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid