Cats & Mouse
I have enough reason to grouse
For the cats in our house
Can’t catch the mouse!
My family is quite panic-stricken
As it runs amok in our kitchen
That little brat!
Each thing it gnaws and nibbles
Quickly hides cleverly dribbles
Nowhere are the cats!
It’s irksome it plays so cool
As if our cats are bunch of fools
The mouse is a real genius!
It has made the kitchen its hearth
Run and frolic in mischief’s mirth
Make look our cats genuine ass!
Lapping milk gorging fish
The lazy cats never wish
To go after the mouse!
If you ask we rid it how
‘Go get one mousetrap now’
Says my spouse!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cats & Mouse by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael McParland
- This World, Sandra Feldman
- Prime Truth - 92, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Gold Star Mother, Charles Hancock
- Oooooohgust, Ferdinand L Quintos
- Prime Truth - 91, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Your Mind, Nicholas Smith
- No matter- if you, gajanan mishra
- How Long iS yOUr List of Shoulds?, Monk E. Biz