Shaving the heads the barber he belongs to the same faith
For him it’s some money he celebrates each death
Celebrates each death the barber he earns from obvious fate
Shaving the dead’s loved ones will earn him at any rate!
The barber isn’t afraid of death for he has watched bereaved guys
Heard too many wails in life death doesn’t surprise
He goes through emotionless motions knifes clean their head
The more he bares the heads the more he earns his bread!
They bow their heads before him he blows their hairs away
In the aftermath of death it’s always him that holds sway
His eyes glisten in death’s joy before death he’s not craven
His work is justly finished when each head is cleanly shaven!
They mourn the departed ones shed grief’s copious tears
The barber remains unfazed perhaps chuckles in furtive cheers
A death in someone’s family a great loss for years to harbor
But for him a cause to celebrate fears not death the barber!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The act symbolizes sacrifice.
Comments about this poem (Celebrating Death by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- Benefit Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Symbol Of Freedom, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Keeping Done A Decadence, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Writing Into Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reap & Sow, Angela K Brown
- Street Culture, Angela K Brown
- James Brown, Angela K Brown
- Spell, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- White water-lily, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)