Can You See?
Can you see why the mirror deletes your image?
Can you say when the muddle of the valley runs deep?
Dense clouds participate in the whole arena of life
That has plants and animals in the making of settlements.
To draw lines between stars makes a letter for viewing,
And pleasure donates itself a gift.
You find stars immeasurable, you find a really fine art,
Of looking and pondering, seizing sadly and saying sizeably,
Fitting donations on the sacred sky that defines science.
Can you see I did it? Donating my soul and souls to the wild
Amounts to be really in happiness.
The sentences of the harder world are upon you,
Light comes one day to upset the horizon.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can You See? by Naveed Akram )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Grasshopper, Abraham Cowley
- In A Land Of Darkness Am I Lost, Noah Body
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- the pleasure of old age, oskar hansen
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'One Art', Merton Lee
- Iron Road poem, As Fates Convolve, Sambanath Denis
- BEYOND DEATH, Michael P. Johnson
- Limerick-74, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Paul Butters Clerihew One, Paul Butters
- Ricordare, Colm Keenan
- The By The Way Song, Joseph Archer
- The Miraculous Escape of Robert Allan, t.., Max Plowman
- The Battle of Sheriffmuir, Max Plowman