A heart will freeze tonight
Everything will be out of sight.
Turn another page.
Release the mind,
From zero to the end of time.
Time has raped the mind,
Veins icy cold, trust undermined.
Feel the heart split
Intertwine the guilt.
Tears fall today,
Watching everything they need go away.
Sleep tight, sense the vibe,
calm before the clouds arrive.
Lost again, soul undone
Shadowed from the sun.
Another dream in black and white,
Eyes closed from the light,
Hope fades away
Another world turns gray,
Stunned, a beautiful rose taken away.
Never feeling the warmth of the day.
A heart will freeze tonight,
The rose withers out of sight.
Slowly fades away....
Another cause In the blind,
So cold is life's design.
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (By Design by Jay Aguiniga )
- From 'The Motto', George Wither
- Written by Somebody on the Window of an .., Robert Burns
- Scroggam, my dearie, Robert Burns
- Epitaph for William Nicol, High School, .., Robert Burns
- Lovely Polly Stewart, Robert Burns
- Rantin, Rovin Robin, Robert Burns
- The Gardener wi' his Paidle, Robert Burns
- Sonnet: Philarete, George Wither
- For Seasonable Weather, George Wither
- The Prayer Of Habakuk, George Wither
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Away, Melancholy, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)