Billy Collins (22 March 1941 - / New York City)
By A Swimming Pool Outside Syracusa
All afternoon I have been struggling to communicate in Italian with Roberto and Giuseppe, who have begun to resemble the two male characters in my Italian for Beginners, the ones who are always shopping or inquiring about the times of trains, and now I can hardly speak or write English.
Poet Other Poems
- Another Reason Why I Don't Keep A Gun In...
- By A Swimming Pool Outside Syracusa
- Candle Hat
- Child Development
- Dear Reader
- Fishing On The Susquehanna In July
- For Bartleby The Scrivener
- I Ask You
- I Chop Some Parsley While Listening To A...
- I Go Back To The House For A Book
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.