Tom J. Mariani (January 1948 / San Francisco, CA)
Igrew to feel
Burdened by holding hands
While we walked
Burded by your touch
Your hand on my shoulder
Or around my waist
Became a weight
I could no longer bear
Poet Other Poems
- *** 08-25-09 ***THE KENNEDYS - - - Myth ...
- **** U.S. Election 2008 - What as suppo...
- ****02-22-10****It Wasn't About Singing ...
- ****02-22-10****It's Time To Empty The N...
- ****03-21-2010*** re POPE'S Apology Lett...
- ****12-10-09* Monepic Poetry
- ***03-25=2010*** How In The Hell Are The...
- ***03-26-2010*** The Heart of A Writer's...
- ***05-09**SYMPTOMS of Being a Poet
- ***6-25-09**What Soughs Through Me
- ***AUG 13-09***For the Thousands That Ha...
- ***July 1 2009***Giving His Boots a Rest
- **[revised 11-19-09] Getting Through Oct...
- **04 - 2009 - Drift, Drown, or Decide
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (**04 - 2009 - Drift, Drown, or Decide by Tom J. Mariani )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley