Edgar Allan Poe
The ring is on my hand,
And the wreath is on my brow;
Satin and jewels grand
Are all at my command,
And I am happy now.
And my lord he loves me well;
But, when first he breathed his vow,
I felt my bosom swell-
For the words rang as a knell,
And the voice seemed his who fell
In the battle down the dell,
And who is happy now.
But he spoke to re-assure me,
And he kissed my pallid brow,
While a reverie came o'er me,
And to the church-yard bore me,
And I sighed to him before me,
Thinking him dead D'Elormie,
"Oh, I am happy now!"
And thus the words were spoken,
And this the plighted vow,
And, though my faith be broken,
And, though my heart be broken,
Here is a ring, as token
That I am happy now!
Would God I could awaken!
For I dream I know not how!
And my soul is sorely shaken
Lest an evil step be taken,-
Lest the dead who is forsaken
May not be happy now.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bridal Ballad by Edgar Allan Poe )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Brain-Drain, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Heaven's Delight, JJ Evendon
- (7) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Two or Three, M.J. Lemon
- A Modern Haiku For Modern Life, M.J. Lemon
- We are All Nomads, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dancing Shadows!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Still I Rise, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sweet Sadness, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Keep Smiling, Md. Ziaul Haque
- No More Pain, Md. Ziaul Haque