The song is gone; the dance
is secret with the dancers in the earth,
the ritual useless, and the tribal story
lost in an alien tale.
Only the grass stands up
to mark the dancing-ring; the apple-gums
posture and mime a past corroboree,
murmur a broken chant.
The hunter is gone; the spear
is splintered underground; the painted bodies
a dream the world breathed sleeping and forgot.
The nomad feet are still.
Only the rider's heart
halts at a sightless shadow, an unsaid word
that fastens in the blood of the ancient curse,
the fear as old as Cain.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bora Ring by Judith Wright )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Tragedy And Terror, Ronell Warren Alman
- You Can Be A Success, Ronell Warren Alman
- ONLY YOURS...., DRASHI SHAH
- Have The Drive And Desire, Ronell Warren Alman
- The House of Musing, Emily Warn
- The Lovesong of Emmett Till (1996), Anthony Walton
- I, Aparna Chatterjee
- I know somewhere, gajanan mishra
- I m a GIRL! ! ! ! !, KAUSHAL SABOO
- My PEACE, Kes McKenzie