Sitting in the bus on my way to work
The clouds are dark and thunder strikes
Rain is pouring down the windows
Forcing me to dream of what could have been
That spot in my heart will always be for you
You've taken away months of my life
I sit here drowning in my own thoughts
Not knowing where to go or how to act.
Not knowing where to belong..
I've given myself time, but I'm hardly getting by.
Searching for the blue sky I used to know.
One moment happy, the following down.
Stretching my body to what it can handle
My eyes staring in the distance while defying the cold
I already made the decision, who do I try to fool
One day I will make it back to that blue sky
As that is where I belong..
Topic of this poem: depression
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Blue Sky by Boyd McNab )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Three Wise Men, Bill Simmons
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- His Birthday, Neela Nath
- Last Night, Swrji Basumatary
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy