Sitting in the bus on my way to work
The clouds are dark and thunder strikes
Rain is pouring down the windows
Forcing me to dream of what could have been
That spot in my heart will always be for you
You've taken away months of my life
I sit here drowning in my own thoughts
Not knowing where to go or how to act.
Not knowing where to belong..
I've given myself time, but I'm hardly getting by.
Searching for the blue sky I used to know.
One moment happy, the following down.
Stretching my body to what it can handle
My eyes staring in the distance while defying the cold
I already made the decision, who do I try to fool
One day I will make it back to that blue sky
As that is where I belong..
Topic of this poem: depression
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Blue Sky by Boyd McNab )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Dream Variations, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Love My Child, Ronald Strickland
- Exciting Inner Wildness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lost love, JAMAL BOULAJOUL
- Universe Of Tomorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pictures And Portraits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Lost Dream, Tony Adah
- Our Street., michael walker
- Dreams Of This Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Captured By Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Remembering Beauty Of Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak