Charles Jagongo Ogola
Bloody banana leaf, confirmation!
They had brought her here, would sing and dance
Her peers would add wood to fire
A night so divine, a wedding of time
A wedding mark in space bound for
White linen sheets spread, the banana leaves ready
She timid and anxious, womanhood journey begins
In his closet
Warrior in him, anxiety concealed
Outside they would sing
He would grab her, a beauty so delicate, a virgin so pretty
They would sing and drums beat, a night in hearts would stick
She would submit to him, her world, where none had walked
In crescendo blood would get away, she would moan
In delight she would pull and wrap blood in the banana leaf
Her trophy, the bloody banana leaf
Confirmation stamp, virginity preserved for show!
Happily after they would count moons and sunsets.
Charles Jagongo Ogola's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bloody banana leaf, confirmation! by Charles Jagongo Ogola )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prayer and love, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Not to be in surplus, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Meteors, Ronald Chapman
- Volunteers, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -39, Ronjoy Brahma
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -40, Ronjoy Brahma
- Evolution, Is It Poetry
- New Alarm Clock, Ronald Chapman
- Blue Octavo Haiku, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Algonquin Afterthoughts, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon