Bitter bitumen is fetched by the real men,
The Goose is a fundamental animal of this place.
For geese concern me from their appearance
And they are bitter inwardly like real bitumen.
Bitter salt shall be loose and sticky as well,
Geese will tantalize you with their face,
For their necks are ripe and to swallow,
Feeding them salt is my only occupation.
Better tasks await the caskets of wine and oil,
Ointment collapses when darkness enters,
To soothe then the ointment will spoil,
Like geese do when flying towards their goal.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bitter Geese by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Battle of our own life, binod bastola
- Before you've brushed your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk