The birdsong from the trees above,
The trees above thy head.
The birdsong is so beautiful.
That is what I said.
The little dicky birds up there,
Flying to and fro,
Are beautiful, my eye declares,
When they are swooping low.
It’s April now, indeed it is.
The fauna’s waking now.
The birds have flown back north again
From the sunny south.
Andrew Hamm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Birdsong by Andrew Hamm )
- THEY GOT TIRED لقد تعبوا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The first time, Cigeng Zhang
- THEY GOT TIRED, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal