i miss snack time and recess and naptime and playsets
even though we didn't sleep.
i miss coloring for homework and mad minutes times tables
i was bad at them then.
i miss crafts and kiss chase and tag on the playground
the big one where the big kids played.
i miss rolling down grassy hill sides because we had nothing better to do
and we didn't care that we were allergic.
i miss holding hands to cross the street.
i miss having buddies to teach us to read
sometimes I wish people still read to me.
i miss being noisy and dirty and cute.
i miss burning fudge with grandma
just because we tried to make it on a cloudy day.
i miss hiking with my buddy
and telling stories all the way.
i miss playing restaurant
with my two best friends.
i miss staying up late in utter silence
with anna, trying to hear the reindeer
but falling asleep before they came
i miss being a kid.
when kids have it all,
they dream of when they get BIG.
but when you do, life gets harder,
taxes, homework, resposiblities.
and now I'm BIG,
i wish I'd stayed small
because it's true:
kids have it all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (big by Tsunami HiroshiSu )
- That Old Man, Ananta Madhavan
- Awake and awake, gajanan mishra
- True-untrue, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- You are see clearly, gajanan mishra
- a dramatic lover.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- under developed.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Escape, Sandra Feldman
- MUSIC OFF THE WALL! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Expander, Kim Barney
- I believe you never will be too late, Trong Phan
Poem of the Day
- Grandma Kay’s 95th Birthday, Suzanna Chevalier
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)