i miss snack time and recess and naptime and playsets
even though we didn't sleep.
i miss coloring for homework and mad minutes times tables
i was bad at them then.
i miss crafts and kiss chase and tag on the playground
the big one where the big kids played.
i miss rolling down grassy hill sides because we had nothing better to do
and we didn't care that we were allergic.
i miss holding hands to cross the street.
i miss having buddies to teach us to read
sometimes I wish people still read to me.
i miss being noisy and dirty and cute.
i miss burning fudge with grandma
just because we tried to make it on a cloudy day.
i miss hiking with my buddy
and telling stories all the way.
i miss playing restaurant
with my two best friends.
i miss staying up late in utter silence
with anna, trying to hear the reindeer
but falling asleep before they came
i miss being a kid.
when kids have it all,
they dream of when they get BIG.
but when you do, life gets harder,
taxes, homework, resposiblities.
and now I'm BIG,
i wish I'd stayed small
because it's true:
kids have it all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (big by Tsunami HiroshiSu )
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
- 21 Years Gone By, Edward Kofi Louis
- Corruption, abhi mangla
- Nature, abhi mangla
- Mate, legitimate!, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)