i miss snack time and recess and naptime and playsets
even though we didn't sleep.
i miss coloring for homework and mad minutes times tables
i was bad at them then.
i miss crafts and kiss chase and tag on the playground
the big one where the big kids played.
i miss rolling down grassy hill sides because we had nothing better to do
and we didn't care that we were allergic.
i miss holding hands to cross the street.
i miss having buddies to teach us to read
sometimes I wish people still read to me.
i miss being noisy and dirty and cute.
i miss burning fudge with grandma
just because we tried to make it on a cloudy day.
i miss hiking with my buddy
and telling stories all the way.
i miss playing restaurant
with my two best friends.
i miss staying up late in utter silence
with anna, trying to hear the reindeer
but falling asleep before they came
i miss being a kid.
when kids have it all,
they dream of when they get BIG.
but when you do, life gets harder,
taxes, homework, resposiblities.
and now I'm BIG,
i wish I'd stayed small
because it's true:
kids have it all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (big by Tsunami HiroshiSu )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Yaadein...Your Memories, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Religion, gajanan mishra
- gentle thief, Bull Hawking
- Xmas comes, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Surroundings-42, Indira Renganathan
- Courage, Leong Ming Loong
- Thieves, gajanan mishra
- don't mind, Bull Hawking
- Heretic and Deviant, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- JCB academic, is my fame, lee fones