i miss snack time and recess and naptime and playsets
even though we didn't sleep.
i miss coloring for homework and mad minutes times tables
i was bad at them then.
i miss crafts and kiss chase and tag on the playground
the big one where the big kids played.
i miss rolling down grassy hill sides because we had nothing better to do
and we didn't care that we were allergic.
i miss holding hands to cross the street.
i miss having buddies to teach us to read
sometimes I wish people still read to me.
i miss being noisy and dirty and cute.
i miss burning fudge with grandma
just because we tried to make it on a cloudy day.
i miss hiking with my buddy
and telling stories all the way.
i miss playing restaurant
with my two best friends.
i miss staying up late in utter silence
with anna, trying to hear the reindeer
but falling asleep before they came
i miss being a kid.
when kids have it all,
they dream of when they get BIG.
but when you do, life gets harder,
taxes, homework, resposiblities.
and now I'm BIG,
i wish I'd stayed small
because it's true:
kids have it all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (big by Tsunami HiroshiSu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- an i like you that way - sweetest thing .., sEaN nOrTh
- Longing, Michael P. McParland
- The Home Here And Hereafter., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- American As Apple Pie?, carol carter
- The Final Litmus Test, michael walkerjohn
- The ascent of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- no one's favorite..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- आज आंसू बहाओ - Suffering, yashovardhan kulkarni
- I loved you more than enough.., Rene Perera
- The victory of peace and truth., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..