i miss snack time and recess and naptime and playsets
even though we didn't sleep.
i miss coloring for homework and mad minutes times tables
i was bad at them then.
i miss crafts and kiss chase and tag on the playground
the big one where the big kids played.
i miss rolling down grassy hill sides because we had nothing better to do
and we didn't care that we were allergic.
i miss holding hands to cross the street.
i miss having buddies to teach us to read
sometimes I wish people still read to me.
i miss being noisy and dirty and cute.
i miss burning fudge with grandma
just because we tried to make it on a cloudy day.
i miss hiking with my buddy
and telling stories all the way.
i miss playing restaurant
with my two best friends.
i miss staying up late in utter silence
with anna, trying to hear the reindeer
but falling asleep before they came
i miss being a kid.
when kids have it all,
they dream of when they get BIG.
but when you do, life gets harder,
taxes, homework, resposiblities.
and now I'm BIG,
i wish I'd stayed small
because it's true:
kids have it all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (big by Tsunami HiroshiSu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- She Met Three Interesting People In The .., Toshie Nohara
- Aketay Imetay, D.L. Aceves
- Celestial Musings, Chris Running Bear
- Fairy Tale Of Magical Worlds, Chris Running Bear
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul
- Gazing up the sky, Seira LNlee94