In my humanness;
Closed, coy and secured in me,
There I chose to dwell;
Where no hurt would pounce at,
My wounded, warm, loving heart.
A butterfly’s wings;
Softly, silently open;
Your eyelids flutter,
I pick up every nuance;
Tenderly, storing each.
It was portended,
Our being together,
A too short sojourn- -
Like the blossoms of poui
Before a heavy rainfall.
A lifetime promise,
There before all and sundry
Made to each other- -
As if wagging tongues ever
Stopped the inevitable.
Like ti marie,
My heart, held tightly closed,
Responding to you- -
A healing that was to be
I feel that we can
Decline whatever boundaries,
And ever know love- -
Predictable as sunrise,
Rhythmic as the rooster’s crow.
I feel your soft gaze,
Without looking, yet seeing;
Your mind’s eye on me- -
Watchful, protective, lovingly;
Only a fool would crave more
When first I saw you
Covered in splendid white light
Like angels are- -
You flooded my future with
A tremendous worth of knell
Looking back without,
The longing of fools in love,
I taste, I see, love- -
In the sway of a blossom.
That quiet kind of ripple,
Stems from within me;
knowing, sensing your presence,
As if you left me wired.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beloved by Gillena Cox )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sometimes It Feels So Bad, Md. Ziaul Haque