Bell's Palsy XI - Schemes Dreamed
Before the clock rang four nine sonnets sprang
spontaneous as rain on window pane
drummed up old drams while drowning out cold pain,
symphonic salvoes which strange pattern sang.
Mouth, paralysed, retained an acrid tang,
mind free, yet captive, found both loss and gain,
schemes dreamed to conjur up lost wit again,
discomfort caught, dismissed eye's mist, lip's hang.
Nor cause for whimpers, nor earth-shaking bang,
life side tied, right maintains refrain
in sonnet write from which one can't refrain,
ignoring rhyme rules homonyms would ban.
Beside a lamp-lit bed one, shadowed, lies,
Another bed, with other ties, sad sighs.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bell's Palsy XI - Schemes Dreamed by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher
- if it's free take two, Mandolyn ...
- Harmony In Marriage, Kyle Schlicher
- what was i supposed to be doing again?, Mandolyn ...
- The windmill of my existance, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...
- Strange is Life, Smoky Hoss
- Voice of your bangles, ramesh rai