Before the clouds disperse
De profundis, the departed
favourite for so many
drawn in awe and fear.
Why no more for joy
bestowed by nature
found in primrose verges
cast so carelessly we hardly notice
there to chose and free?
Life is not for ever
we knew as we were born,
see moths trapped in the window,
nipples dry, milk a passing fancy.
Throw off those gowns,
Black is not for us
bring on drums, intoxicants,
spin, sing, jazz, girate.
There is little time
of what there is
share the rainbow
before the clouds disperse.
John Rickell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before the clouds disperse by John Rickell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Wanna Marry You, Seyi Rufus Oluwadare
- A Conversation With An Enemy, howard simon
- i'll churn the butter while you fish, Mandolyn Davidson
- THE FOOLISH ONES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My Sweet Little Kid, Ramesh Shrestha
- Heavy morning, Robo Cat
- good-morning babe, don't say good-night, Mandolyn Davidson
- I Am But a Small Voice, F. J. Thomas
- Blueberry Muffins, Sandra Feldman
- ode to enmity, Shanika marini Paul