My heart is breaking
With every move you're taking.
I can't keep faking.
This love isn't worth making.
I need some time to clear my head
My body is alive but my heart is dead.
Memories are spinning in my mind
When its me I need to find
Hold me now and dont let go
This kind of love brings me so low
Feeling hurt and lost inside
Swimming in pain and time I bide
In my mind you are gone
Still you keep me from moving on
I walk, I jog, I need to run
I turn around you're still not done
Please let go just let me flee
Maybe alone I can be free.
The water is deep and I will drown
Do you realize that you hold me down.
Push and shove then yell and scream
What did I do to make you so mean
Trapped in the water needing air
You see me dying you still don't care
Time to open youre eyes and see
Life goes on even without me
You're love is hard for me to take
I can see you need a break
Release me now just let go
Soon enough youll come to know
Without my love you can live
Freedom is a precious gift to give
Amanda Deupree's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Becoming Free by Amanda Deupree )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Reflections, Nero CaroZiv
- The shadow in my garden, Piyush Dey
- Something and something, gajanan mishra
- OUR PAINS AND OUR SUFFERINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colors Of The Rainbow, Anthony Daniels
- Hiccup, binod bastola
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones