My heart is breaking
With every move you're taking.
I can't keep faking.
This love isn't worth making.
I need some time to clear my head
My body is alive but my heart is dead.
Memories are spinning in my mind
When its me I need to find
Hold me now and dont let go
This kind of love brings me so low
Feeling hurt and lost inside
Swimming in pain and time I bide
In my mind you are gone
Still you keep me from moving on
I walk, I jog, I need to run
I turn around you're still not done
Please let go just let me flee
Maybe alone I can be free.
The water is deep and I will drown
Do you realize that you hold me down.
Push and shove then yell and scream
What did I do to make you so mean
Trapped in the water needing air
You see me dying you still don't care
Time to open youre eyes and see
Life goes on even without me
You're love is hard for me to take
I can see you need a break
Release me now just let go
Soon enough youll come to know
Without my love you can live
Freedom is a precious gift to give
Amanda Deupree's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Becoming Free by Amanda Deupree )
- Idol dances, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Ayrton, Edward Kofi Louis
- Yesterday Hours, Nathalie Handal
- Grammar School, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ephratha, Nathalie Handal
- First Sight., Bieze Josephat
- Gaza City, Nathalie Handal
- The safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Limerick-35, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- no more love story, The Princess is
Poem of the Day
- nugget, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- healthy back bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- rwetewrt erwtwer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)