I wish I had said hello.
Your eyes were a sunlit blue,
But I was a little slow
I did not know what to do.
I should have smiled at you
When you slowly walked by me.
As you did I looked in to
Your eyes the colour of sea.
Your eyes held the gaze of mine.
I wondered why they did so.
I could see in them a shine.
Was it for me? I don’t know.
Still, I wish I had said hi.
Yes why didn’t I? Why didn’t you?
Oh eyes the colour of sky,
Oh what a beautiful blue!
Elia Michael's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beautiful Blue by Elia Michael )
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch
- Smiling, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Desperation and Suicide, Is It Poetry