I wish I had said hello.
Your eyes were a sunlit blue,
But I was a little slow
I did not know what to do.
I should have smiled at you
When you slowly walked by me.
As you did I looked in to
Your eyes the colour of sea.
Your eyes held the gaze of mine.
I wondered why they did so.
I could see in them a shine.
Was it for me? I don’t know.
Still, I wish I had said hi.
Yes why didn’t I? Why didn’t you?
Oh eyes the colour of sky,
Oh what a beautiful blue!
Elia Michael's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beautiful Blue by Elia Michael )
- Most Of The Atmos Here, Curtlan Popo
- Marketing Lust as Love, Aftab Alam
- Rains Of Tomorrow, Curtlan Popo
- What Am I?, Curtlan Popo
- When Blue turns to Red, Aftab Alam
- Who Blows The Bubbles?, Curtlan Popo
- Life, Geometry's Whisper, Aeronius D. McCoy
- On Life's Behest,, Aftab Alam
- Holloween Party, Narayana Raghavan
- The Vulture, Curtlan Popo
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns