I wish I had said hello.
Your eyes were a sunlit blue,
But I was a little slow
I did not know what to do.
I should have smiled at you
When you slowly walked by me.
As you did I looked in to
Your eyes the colour of sea.
Your eyes held the gaze of mine.
I wondered why they did so.
I could see in them a shine.
Was it for me? I don’t know.
Still, I wish I had said hi.
Yes why didn’t I? Why didn’t you?
Oh eyes the colour of sky,
Oh what a beautiful blue!
Elia Michael's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beautiful Blue by Elia Michael )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Mistletoe, Walter de la Mare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Unsuitable, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People of Pernambuco 2, Kim Barney
- Strange Foods: Oatmeal Omelet, Kim Barney
- Not a Real Poem 2, Kim Barney
- A Christmas with Simplicity, Akhtar Jawad
- Mangos and Monkeys, Kim Barney
- Mack, Kim Barney
- Who Told You That?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Two Friends, Kim Barney
- Happy Birthday, Jesus!, Mitta Xinindlu