Cold sunshine brushes my face,
Frosted kiss upon my lips to taste.
Autumn time, time, time...
Early this morning I buried my dreams.
After all they were not what they seemed.
Slips sullenly by, falling leaves and sighs
Muttering something, always asking why.
hollow sun so bright I can see nothing
hollow heart a smothering
autumned heart stalling...
voices from the sky calling...
I'm sure they mean no good.
before the child of confusion comes
begotten begging air with wails
from tomorrows aching lungs...
before winter's innocence, and lamb
looking through the leaded windows
understanding winter's scam.
Comes... Autumn time.
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn Time by Midnights Voice )
Did you read them?
- This is human race, Aftab Alam
- God Bless The Teacher, Enoch Gyamfi
- Hunger, Kyle Schlicher
- Love don't have no name on it!, Shirley Morgan
- There Was A Time, Kyle Schlicher
- No Such Thing As Handicapped, louis rams
- Here I Am, Kyle Schlicher
- Destroy hunger, gajanan mishra
- Treachery is a Treacherous' Red, Aftab Alam
- I'll Be There, Brandon Ezzard
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)