Cold sunshine brushes my face,
Frosted kiss upon my lips to taste.
Autumn time, time, time...
Early this morning I buried my dreams.
After all they were not what they seemed.
Slips sullenly by, falling leaves and sighs
Muttering something, always asking why.
hollow sun so bright I can see nothing
hollow heart a smothering
autumned heart stalling...
voices from the sky calling...
I'm sure they mean no good.
before the child of confusion comes
begotten begging air with wails
from tomorrows aching lungs...
before winter's innocence, and lamb
looking through the leaded windows
understanding winter's scam.
Comes... Autumn time.
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn Time by Midnights Voice )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
Poem of the Day
- Synonyms For POET, Adriana Avila
- A Poem A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, Adriana Avila
- She looks Like a Princess, Rohit Sapra
- Just as I am., Roxanne Dubarry
- Winter night, Tom Squires
- mockingbird, oskar hansen
- Villanelle The Fake or the Phoney thrive.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Looking at love, David Cadywold
- The Course Of A Butterfly, Maurice Harris
- Nothing else, Cee Bea