Cold sunshine brushes my face,
Frosted kiss upon my lips to taste.
Autumn time, time, time...
Early this morning I buried my dreams.
After all they were not what they seemed.
Slips sullenly by, falling leaves and sighs
Muttering something, always asking why.
hollow sun so bright I can see nothing
hollow heart a smothering
autumned heart stalling...
voices from the sky calling...
I'm sure they mean no good.
before the child of confusion comes
begotten begging air with wails
from tomorrows aching lungs...
before winter's innocence, and lamb
looking through the leaded windows
understanding winter's scam.
Comes... Autumn time.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn Time by Midnights Voice )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Indulgence, Angela Khristin Brown
- Inspiration of Infancy, Chris Jax
- Assorted Interpretations, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Walking On The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Flying Snail, Saiom Shriver
- No Squealing, Saiom Shriver
- Sacred Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya