Summer has run its course;
the year is coming to a close.
There is a chill in the air,
leaves are strewn everywhere.
Shrubs and trees catch cold,
shake and shiver in the wind.
Leaves of hues red and gold,
flutter and fall to the ground.
Should autumn’s beauty and majesty
be defaced and humbled in this way?
Alas, the seasons must move on;
time marches under its own banner.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn by Isam Hussain )
- The Transcendental At Worthington Lake, Harry Freeman
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery
- MEDUSA, Lilly Emery
- The Exile, Rishi Kaul
- Bitter Sweet, Lilly Emery
- Strip unfinnished, lee fones
- Will You Love Me When I'm Old, Lilly Emery
- You Won't Let Me, Heather Burns
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery