Summer has run its course;
the year is coming to a close.
There is a chill in the air,
leaves are strewn everywhere.
Shrubs and trees catch cold,
shake and shiver in the wind.
Leaves of hues red and gold,
flutter and fall to the ground.
Should autumn’s beauty and majesty
be defaced and humbled in this way?
Alas, the seasons must move on;
time marches under its own banner.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman