Jerry Behr Number 2
Dear Poet I’m writing this letter because I’ve come across some
problems which I suppose is common with all poets.
I love writing poetry and exercising my poetic mind, however, I
do have a missus and family in my life.
On some occasions there is conflict leading to strife.
Poetry by itself does not lead to millions of dollars.
Nor does it gain fame, the poet can’t get published.
For me I’m on line for free, not a dollar is exchanged.
Family members half heartedly understand the poet’s mind.
Family members live in a conventional grind.
They think what ever they are doing, that it is by far more
practical for general usage in life then poetry which they regard
as a waste of time because poets don’t earn millions.
They will look and try to turn the poet into an Aunty Myrtle
so Aunty Myrtle can do household chores and turn turtle.
Giving short thrift to the poet and his state of mind there will be
no empathy given. Expecting Aunty Myrtle (roll reversal) to
drive them around in his car even though he hates carting
them around. Sort of cutting his flight feathers so he can’t fly
around any more in the sky.
So Mr Poet whatever you do, you must hold on to your flight
feathers so that you can soar into the sky.
Don’t be trapped on the ground doing household chores
or carting people everywhere.
Without flight feathers you’re going nowhere.
Jerry Behr Number 2's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aunty Myrtle by Jerry Behr Number 2 )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Poetry liberated me, Ananta Madhavan
- Giver of The Pen (Ottava Rima Stanza Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Kites Still Fly (Ottava Rima Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Temporal Millenial (Ottava Rima poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- SATURDAY WITH MILKA, Terry Collett
- Labels (Ottava Rima Stanza Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- THERE WERE CHILDREN TOO, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Smile, Key Carmack
- End of the Road, Tommy Stroller
- Kështu u ndanë udhët tona, skender iljaz braka