She dreams of August in the singing morning..
When all the little things come out to play,
When every spider's web is sticky, lacy,
And every kid will have the pinkest day.
She fell in love in August as a girl...
His smile was melting smooth like green ice cream,
She wanted him in August and she got him,
He was her love, her every glowing dream.
August takes you back to yellow meadows,
To days when Grandmas made you lemonade,
To nights when how you begged to stay out later,
And afternoons with novels in the shade.
To kittens that you loved
and have forgotten...
To mom and dad who loved you for all time..
To him who waited somewhere in the hot night..
To kisses made of moonbeams..green as lime..
August, sultry August, month of magic....
Dragonflies become you...you are rare,
Fireflys annoint you with their glowing...
August burning month...your love I wear.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (August by Donna Earle )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- All The Time The Talk About Fanaticism &.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Helpless, Robert Melliard
- नोँ सोर गोसो, Ronjoy Brahma