As night hath stars, more rare than ships
In ocean, faint from pole to pole,
So all the wonder of her lips
Hints her innavigable soul.
Such lights she gives as guide my barque;
But I am swallowed in the swell
Of her heart's ocean, sagely dark,
That holds my heaven and holds my hell.
In her I live, a mote minute
Dancing a moment in the sun:
In her I die, a sterile shoot
Of nightshade in oblivion.
In her my elf dissolves, a grain
Of salt cast careless in the sea;
My passion purifies my pain
To peace past personality.
Love of my life, God grant the years
Confirm the chrism - rose to rood!
Anointing loves, asperging tears
In sanctifying solitude!
Man is so infinitely small
In all these stars, determinate.
Maker and moulder of them all,
Man is so infinitely great!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At Sea by Aleister Crowley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- A Journey of Treasure, Raymond A. Foss
- spinning 2 StAnd $tiLL - can i cHaRge it?, sEaN nOrTh
- un-nerves sh#t - sweet child of mime, sEaN nOrTh
- The Wise Man, Brian J. Stafford
- Cos Their Real Money 2, sEaN nOrTh
- Indian Republic Day,2015, Dr John Celes
- humans, lee fones
- hunger, oskar hansen
- Ideals Of Views, Margaret Alice Second
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns