As I Get Closer
As I get closer
To another completion of one cycle
As I get closer to where I came from
As my heart leaps and seals the end of my human form
As I return to dust, to air, to water,
As I decay
The dust will fly with the whirlwind
The water will fill the rivers, lakes and oceans
The in air the atmosphere where I first met it will return
Farewell thee earth but not for good
Do I not see you from above in the air?
Do I not see you beneath in the river?
Do I not see you from the dust in the whirlwinds?
Am I not with you in ONENESS?
As I get closer to completion of my human form
I realize I have made a complete turn around.
Like the first voyagers I am back where I started.
As the millions before me
As the millions after me
I finally turn to another life cycle and last for eternity!
Dash Black's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As I Get Closer by Dash Black )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- The Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- Absence, Neela Nath
- Not Knowing What Might Have Been, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The rising, gajanan mishra
- Flowing Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Cooling Water, Vera Sidhwa
- May I be allowed, gajanan mishra
- The Green Days, Nhuan LeXuan